NAS Defender VINs
'93 Defender 110 (NAS)
- Prototype was built in 1992 and was not given a LRNA number or plate.
- 536 were built.
- US versions were numbered LRNA/1 to LRNA/10 and 1 through 500 of 500. (The first 10 were prototypes).
- Canadian versions were numbered 1 through 25 of 25.
- All were original white with a full external roll cage, except one that was painted Black.
- All build by LR Special Operations
- MSRP: $39,900
- Two reportedly destroyed in 1995 Malibu fires.
- #13 reported to be in Switzerland (as of 11/97)
- 2 others are reported to be in Germany (as of 11/97)
- Land Rover Hornberg (Los Angeles) reportedly converted two D110s to Black with added luxury features when they were new.
- #468 is in Japan (LRO Jan 1997)
- #499 reportedly destroyed by driving off cliff ~12/95, later spotted in June 1997 in good shape.
- One on Nantucket (unknown LRNA number) Island reported painted Brown. Creed Evens reports that this may be a 1989 D110 that was legally imported.
- #100 was rolled (I have seen photographic evidence of this) by 10/98 and was for sale at that time
Click here for Defenders of this type in the FAQ Registry
Currently, 536 Defenders of this type are listed.
|Copyright Dixon Kenner, 1995-2011. Last modified March 15, 2005.
Comments? Send mail to Dixon Kenner or Benjamin
Site Designed and Created by Bill Maloney